Pinwheel WordPress Theme
Pinwheel Documentation Version 1.0
These are instructions for the pinwheel theme. Pinwheel mag is a simple yet powerful theme. We have provided step by step instructions to get you on your way to your dream site.
Let’s Get Started!
How to Install Pinwheel Theme
• 1 : Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard
• 2 : Click on the Add New button
• 3 : Search for the pinwheel
• 4 : Select the Pinwheel theme
• 5 : Click Install Now
Activate Pinwheel Theme
Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard. Now, hover over the theme thumbnail and press the Activate button
After activation of the theme, you will see all the pages as menus. If you want to make your own menu with pages, categories, links please follow details which are listed below.
• 1 : Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress menu
• 2 : Click on Create a new menu link
• 3 : Give a name to your menu in Menu Name and click Create Menu button
• 4 : Now choose the pages, categories, custom links from the left side of your screen by selecting the checkbox and click on Add Menu
• 5 : Click Save Menu
• 6 : On Menu setting Choose Display Location Primary
• 1 : Go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity in the WordPress Dashboard
Now you can make changes on Logo , Site Title , Tagline, and Site Icon.
• 1 : Go to Appearance > Customize > color in the WordPress Dashboard
Now you can make changes on Header Text Color and Background Color.
• 1 : Go to Appearance > Customize >Header Image in the WordPress Dashboard
Now you can make changes on Header image
• 1 : Go to Appearance > Customize >Background Image in the WordPress Dashboard
Now you can make changes on Background image
How to setup front page
• 1 : Go to Pages > Add New in the WordPress Dashboard
• 2 : Enter any title eg:Home , Choose Home Template in dropdown and Publish .
Customizer Options For Home Page
• 2 : Now go to Appearance > Customize > Pinwheel Options >Slider Categories There are options to change Enable/Disable slider , No of slider , Choose Category And Slider color Pro
• And same for Popular Categories, News categories, News Categories and Testimonial Categories Options.
Theme Color Pro
• 2 : Now go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Color There are options to change Theme Color And Body Color
Google Fonts Pro
• 2 : Now go to Appearance > Customize > Select Google Fonts There is option to change Font For your site
• Two Plugins are recommended for this theme to be fully utilized. Page Builder by SiteOrigin and GreenTurtleLab Tool
• Make responsive page layouts using the widgets using this simple drag and drop page builder.
• While using this page template, you have the ability to display the widgets by using the Pagebuilder plugin by SiteOrigin and manage your widgets in this page. The link to this plugin is here: Page Builder by SiteOrigin
• Go to any of your page.
• Click the Page Builder tab which is located in top right of content.
• You can add your widgets just by click add widgets button
This is widget to show Banner on page.
Pinwheel Slider Pro
This is widget to show slider on page.
Pinwheel About (Two styles on Pro) Pro
This is widget to show about on page.
CTA (Two styles on Pro) Pro
This is widget to show CTA on page.
Services (Two styles on Pro) Pro
This is widget to show Services on page.
Set As Home Page
• Go to Appearance > Customizer > Static Front Page
• Choose A static Page
• Select dropdown option “your page” in Front Page
• And Click Save and Publish
What to do If you get an error while uploading your theme.
If you have a cpanel server you can install the theme easily using the Cpanel File Manager. If you have the Pro version and need help with the install, simply submit a trouble ticket (link to form) and we will be happy to do the install for you.
The steps are:
- Select “File Manager” in cpanel
- Navigate to the public_html > wp-content > themes folder
- Click the Upload Button and select the GTL Multipurpose them
- Go back to the File Manager by clicking the link at the bottom of the upload window
- Select the theme and click the “Extract” link. (Make sure you extract it to the “Themes” Folder
- That’s all. You are done. When you go back to “Appearance > Themes” in cpanel you will see your theme. Mouseover the theme and click “Activate” and the theme will become active
- That’s all. You are done. When you go back to “Appearance > Themes” in cpanel you will see your theme. Mouseover the theme and click “Activate” and the theme will become active.